The purpose of this venture is to create a detailed topographic map of the entire state of New Mexico at 24k detail. This map is created for Garmin GPS receivers and Mapsource.
- Roads - Interstates, highways, roads, limited unpaved roads (Tiger 2009)
- High resolution water data - lakes, rivers, streams, marshes, and washes
- Federal Land Usage - Wilderness area, national parks, and military bases/ranges, native american reservations, some state parks
- Borders - County and state boundary lines
- Elevation contours - 30ft intervals (equivalent to 24k)
- GNIS Points of Interest - summits, mines, falls, dams, cemeteries, towers, populated places, etc.
- Trails - trail coverage inside of the national parks/forests as well as state parks
- Parks POI - trailheads, camping sites, forest service huts within the national parks/forests and National Parks